Monday, November 4, 2013

Lemon-Pecan Pork Chops


Here is a very simple and delicious dinner. Super easy to whip up on a work night or when you have to rush off to practice or a game.

I found this recipe quite a few years ago in a magazine and I jotted it down on a piece of paper. It's been a favorite of mine for a long time. It is technically "clean", however there are varied opinions on whether or not pork is clean. We don't eat it very often, but I don't have a problem eating it once in a while.

The nice thing about this meal is that if you have picky eaters, you can still make it for everyone. I have a family that just can't get over not liking nuts. I've been trying for over a year to sneak them into food - bread, granola, muffins, cookies....no matter what someone always eats it and says "what is this thing?"... "An almond."... "Ew, I don't like this." 
*sigh*

So I can tell you that I love this recipe. My family....love the pork chops...not so much the lemon-pecan part. 
But guess what? I do the cooking! I win!

The other reason I enjoy this recipe is that most of the time when we eat meat for the main course, my husband grills it. So I do like to find a recipe here and there that I can make without him if he's not around to fire up the grill. Yes, I am that girl...I have no idea how to grill. Nor do I care to.

So instead of the grill, let's fire up the skillet.

Prepare the pork chops - I'm super picky about fat on my meat so I try to cut off all that I can. After you have trimmed all the fat, freely sprinkle garlic salt and lemon pepper seasoning on both sides of the pork chops.

 
 Pour about a tablespoon of olive oil (or grapeseed oil) in your skillet and heat on medium. Cook pork chops 8-10 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear.


 Once the pork chops are cooked through, remove them from the skillet, set aside and keep warm.
Pour pecans and lemon juice in skillet and saute pecans for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Just don't burn them!


Pour pecans on top of pork chops and serve. 

Pair them with some brown rice, cous cous, salad, cooked vegetables...pretty much whatever you want. 

And that's it! Extremely easy and so so yummy!

And if the kiddos (or the husband) don't like the pecans, they can scrape them off and Mom can pile more on hers....not that I speak from experience....



Lemon-Pecan Pork Chops
  • boneless pork chops
  • garlic salt
  • lemon pepper seasoning
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
Sprinkle pork chops with garlic salt and lemon pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork chops in olive oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.

Add the pecans and lemon juice to the skillet; saute for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over pork chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment